16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 1:36 PM by jcfish RSS

Platinum Challenge

lmelamed Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I signed up for the Platinum challenge on 6/11 and have until 9/30 to complete 9 separate stays.  Wish they'd do night because I'll have a bunch of those. Anyway, does each separate stay require the reservation to be under my name and I stay there or can I make a reservation under for my daughter under her name, pay for it and have it count towards my 9 separate stays?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Challenge
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

It has to be under your name.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

If I do it under my name will they let her check in? 

Have both your names on the reservation with your Marriott Rewards # attached to the reservation.  It needs to be paid w/ your credit card though to count IIRC.

Curious why you went for the Plat challenge vs. the Gold challenge if you didn't think you could get the stays in within the 90 days.

Cheers.

I'll put both our names on it.  It's an anniversary gift so I'm paying for it anyway.

The site I read about the challenge is obviously old because it said you needed to stay 18 or 20 nights which I am able to do.  When I signed up for the challenge the rep never told me it was a number of separate stays until right before she hung up.  I didn't get a chance to ask any questions after she said that.  I personally will actually be staying 20 nights by 9/30 so at the time I thought it would be easy for me.  I have 4 trips coming up that will be 4-7 nights each.  Guess I can check just book a night or two at different hotels near each other and just move which sounds silly.  Already booked 1 7 night stay but can do that with the others.

Actually it's quite common (amongst Flyertalkers anyway) to switch hotels for either a Gold/Plat challenge or when there is a Megabonus, so while being a bit silly it's not unheard of & even has a nickname - "mattress run".

Cheers.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

sorry to be slow, but what's the Platinum Challenge?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ssindc

This is a program that Marriott offers (when asked) that allows someone offering to change their loyalty from a competitor to Marriott.  This program allows someone to immediately become Platinum and begin enjoying any benefits associated with it.  The only catch is that you need to achieve a certain amount of nights/stays over an abbreviated period of time that shows Marriottt that you would likely achieve Platinum over the course of a full year. 

shoeman

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Sheoman1000 - thanks.  (As they say, you learn something new every day....)

There is also a Gold challenge.  Being Gold gets you almost all the bennies of Platinum, so if you don't think you'll have enough nights/stays to get to Plat each year but you can get to Gold, doing a Gold challenge is also an option.

Cheers.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Other hotel programs offer a one year (or more) status reciprocity, but it varies by brand.  I have found that Hilton, Sheraton, and even Best Western will do it, but alas, Fairmont will not.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

ssindc,

The Platinum and Gold Challenges are also available to current Marriott Rewards members.  It gives them a faster way to Gold or Platinum and taste what's it's like at that level, while they are completing their challenge.  If they meet the challenge criteria for the number of nights stayed during the challenge period, they will retain that new status for the remainder of the year, and for the following year.

dbmbonthego Platinum 4 Reviews

As of right now (September 15), Marriott is not offering a Gold or Platinum Challenge . . . am I correct?

jcfish Gold 3 Reviews

I am currently doing Gold challenge right now. Actually I just completed all 6 stays  and am waiting for the system to be updated.

-rj Platinum

What is the URL for the Platinum or Gold Challenges?

jcfish Gold 3 Reviews

i don;t think there are any URLs related to this from Marriott. You have to call the marriott reward customer service line. Gold challenge is to complete 6 stays in 3 month and platinum is to complete 9 stays in 3 month. I just became Gold member now after registering for the gold challenge and completed 6 stays...

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Out of curiosity, which hotel program do you currently use (Starwood, Hilton Honors, etc.)?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...