10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 7:59 PM by maddashin RSS

Shop My Way Mall points

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 22 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Last month, I purchased an electric range through the Shop My Way Mall after reading one of alrenaissance's posts on how  you could earn extra points this way.  I also made a note on my calendar to contact Marriott Rewards in the event I had not received the points in a month's time.  There was a note on the website notifying Rewards members that Sears would not investigate purchases after a certain number of days (60 I think).  I spoke with a helpful customer service representative who took all my information and suggested I wait about 2 weeks and call back to verify the points had been added.  He said the investigation would be tied to my Marriott Rewards number.  Two days later I had the points posted to my account.  I received 2 points for every $ I spent.  This really is a great way to earn extra points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shop My Way Mall points
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks Razor....I was not aware of the types of items that were available through this program. Was the price of the electric range competitive?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 22 Reviews

It was definitely competitive....it was the same price offered at the store. 

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm surprised more folks haven't commented on this. Anyone else out there take advantage of these points like RBF?

kharada46 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I always use ShopMyWayMall whenever possible.  In fact, I've gotten into the habit of ordering from drugstore.com rather than visit my local CVS so I can earn 4pts/$ there.  Likewise, if I'm going to buy something from Nordstrom, I'll always go online and shop through ShopMyWayMall or another such portal.  For me I usually choose which will give me a better deal, either Marriott's ShopMyWayMall or American's AAdvantage Shopping.  Though I must say using AAdvantage Shopping has become way more appealing ever since the devaluation at Marriott occurred...

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

SO, i just got an American Advantage card.  You think it is better there.

i use the mall all the time even to order Birthday Cards etc.  Love it.  So wasy.

BUt, i notice Belk is gone as well as Soap.com which I liked.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

maddashin,

I tend to balance my spending.  Depending on what I need more, I'll use that portal + that card more.  However, if like now I need all points/miles equally, I'll choose the portal that has the best point earning and use the other program card.  So recently, AAdvantage shopping at 35pts/$ spent on eBags.com.  So I bought stuff I needed for my trip via AAdvantage shopping and charged it to my MR Visa to get some MR points too. 

communitymanager Community Manager Marriott Associate

Just adding a few links for reference...

misterchk Platinum 25 Reviews

I cash in points regularly for gift cards.  Specifically restaurants, department stores etc.................although there are still some cards that are not available (they are adding new merchants daily) this is a great way to use points if you have large amounts.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

WHere do you cash in for gift cards?

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I Have earned soooooo many points from shopping at the mall.  Unreal.   Helped me reach gold status and keep it for another year.  I might just make gold lifetime if i keep it up.  I highly recommend everyone use it.  All major retailers are on it too.  Including Walmart

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...