3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 8:34 PM by kharada46 RSS

Virtual concierge: room upgrade - no charge?

7 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, I'm coming up on my first stay as a Gold member & I know one of the benefits is an upgrade if available. I just received the reminder with the link to virtual concierge and under room upgrades it lists: Room Upgrades to Harbour View or Executive Level (Additional supplement charge applies)

But, then under the price column there is just a: -

So, I'm confused by the "Additional supplement charge applies" and the lack of a price.

I would like a free upgrade as a benefit, but not enough to pay for it. So, should I check this or not?

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Virtual concierge: room upgrade - no charge?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Platinum 2 Reviews

Hello 7,

You could click on the upgrade and see what happens before you finalize, but I'd probably call/e-mail the hotel directly to see what's going on with the virtual concierge. 

Better yet, you could try to request a confirmed upgrade from the hotel.  Best way to do this would be by contacting the GM of the hotel.  You might be able to get this information by contacting Marriott Rewards, but if they don't have the information (as they don't always have the GM's info) you may have to contact the hotel directly to get it. 

Never hurts to ask.  Good luck!  Let us know what happens! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Virtual concierge: room upgrade - no charge?
      7 Platinum

Well, I had checked it to see if maybe that would give any options or price or anything when it expanded it, but it didn't and just added it to the request without any price. So, I left it there and added my other request for extra towels. A few hours later I received an email from a front office agent saying that since I'm a Gold Elite member they'd "be delighted to upgrade me to one of our famous Harbor View rooms with Executive Lounge access".

I just checked my reservation and it does now show a harbor view room.

I have to say that is pretty sweet!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...