1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 9:00 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Best use of Marriott points

frank88 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am reviewing how best to use my Marriott points for a Hawaiian vacation. Issues such as trip duration, time of year, cash and points vs just points, inclusive airline travel vs just booking hotels all seem to have some impact on how best to use the points I have accumulated.  Are there any guidelines that can simplify the task of making proposed travel profiles while insuring that I get the best "bang for the point"??

Thanks. Dale Frank (Gold Elite)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best use of Marriott points
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Dale,

It's been my experience that using Marriott Points for your stay gets you the most bang for your buck.  Whenever you book a 4 night stay with points you get the 5th night free.  Sometimes you can stay at properties with a lower amount of points through Marriott Rewards PointSavers or Seasonal Awards .

Unfortunately I didn't see any Hawaiian properties currently listed in the Pointsavers or Seasonal Awards.  Keep in mind that when you book a stay with points that those nights will not count towards your Elite status renewal.  Another option if you want to get credit for the nights is to cash in your points for Marriott Giftcards.  Your points will not go as far but you will get credit for the nights paid with Gift cards.

Marriott Gift Cards | Marriott Rewards Merchandise

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...