This discussion is locked
1 2 3 21 Previous Next 304 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 9:03 AM by michellel Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Is this new Lifetime content understandable?

Marriott Associate Member
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, All!  You have been so helpful in terms of giving us insight into how to describe the program benefits more clearly, we'd love to get your opinion on the first-ever description of our amended criteria to achieve Lifetime status (below).  Please bear in mind that we have never published the criteria, so it would not be appropriate for us to point out anything around changes.

What do you think?

Copy in Brochure:

Earn Elite lifetime Status

Achieve a status milestone over the course of your membership

and you’ll enjoy Elite status for a lifetime. You’ll still be able to

reach a higher status—but you’ll never go below your Lifetime

1. level. You’ll have the Elite experience, always.

Lifetime Milestones

• Platinum Elite: 750 nights + 2 million points

• Gold Elite: 500 nights + 1.6 million points

• Silver Elite: 250 nights + 1.2 million points

For more details, visit MarriottRewards.com/Lifetime.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice and simple....like it.

Thanks for sharing Michelle.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    danp Platinum

Yes, this is simple and understandable.  But isn't there also a requirement that one be a member of Marriott Rewards for a certain number of years?  If so, it would be good to state that.

• 3. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    Marriott Associate Member

Thanks danp - # of years in the program is one element of the criteria that has been retired.

• 4. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Michelle,  I'm sure you've prob said this already, but will these changes be applicable for the end of this year / start of next?

• 5. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

That is great about the number of years.  It means that people can start at any age for one thing.

• 6. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Very nicely done Michellel!

• 7. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I like this a lot Michelle---thanks for providing this in advance of the official release in 2013.  But what are the benefits for achieving these significant Lifetime levels?

• 8. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    lizbeth Platinum

Hi, Michelle.  Can't get much clearer than this, so thanks.  Can you please tell me how to check our own records so we will know how close we are?  I appreciate your help.  L.

• 9. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Very nice Michelle,

I really like the simplicity, and that you know clearly the levels you need to try and reach!

• 10. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?

For the Lifetime Nights you can just log on and Click on your Account.  For the Lifetime points, you have to call up MR Customer Service.  Many of us have asked for the Lifetime points to be placed on the website as well, but so far it has not come to fruition!

• 11. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 9 Reviews

It would be nice to add a Platinum Premiere Level to the lifetime status, for example, for those staying more than 1000 nights and maybe 3 million points!!!!

• 12. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    lizbeth Platinum

Holy mackerel.  I never even noticed that total membership nights were posted there.  I have just hit 751 (with a few more upcoming over the holidays), so now it is just a matter of tracking down my points.  I really appreciate your help!  L

• 13. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?

Wow, so if you have more than 2 million points, under the new 2013 rules, you will become a Lifetime Platinum Elite member!  Let us know how many you have.

• 14. Re: Is this new Lifetime content understandable?
    lizbeth Platinum

Whoa!  I just called and found out that I have 4,443,414 Lifetime points!  Even I don't believe that!  I asked what I need to do next and the answer was "nothing--a new card will be coming without an expiration date and you will be all set!"  Merry Christmas to me!  L

1 2 3 21 Previous Next