0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 10:44 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Fair Oaks Marriott, Fairfax VA

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 19 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Fair Oaks Marriott in Fairfax VA has always been a Plan B hotel for me when staying in the Fairfax/Vienna area.    My personal favorite for this area is the Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring/Fairfax (easy Metro access).  On my most recent visit I needed to stay on a Sunday night  when the rates at all the area hotels are much higher so I decided to stay at my Plan B choice, Fair Oaks Marriott in Fairfax.  This property, once an older Holiday Inn, was refurbished into a Marriott several years ago and they offer some of the lowest rates in the Northern VA market.  The staff at Fair Oaks are very friendly and try to be accommodating as possible.  The main lobby has an interior courtyard area with a large fountain and most of the interior rooms have balconies which overlook the courtyard.  When staying here I recommend asking for an interior room since most of the exterior rooms face a busy highway and can be noisy.  Since this is an older building some guests may  encounter various flaws including elevators running slow, key cards not working on the first couple of attempts, and wireless internet being unreliable.  On the plus side the hotel has good rates,  free parking, a descent concierge lounge, and located next to the Fair Oaks shopping mall which has a nice variety of stores and restaurants.

Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks: Fairfax hotel accommodations

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fairfax, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...