16 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2016 11:58 AM by gm1 RSS

How much do you tip an airport shuttle driver?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When you take a shuttle provided by the hotel to the airport, how much do you tip the driver?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How much do you tip an airport shuttle driver?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

razor,

Usually $5, depending on how many bags I have and how nice and helpful they are!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

favargas Platinum

It depends of how helpful they are, if I have to put my own bags in and out...$0 if they pick up my bags at the airport are on time have nice attitude up to $20 (because of my itinerary, I didn't needed all my bags with me in Cartagena, during my flight connection in Bogota the staff from the Marriott Bogota picked the lugagge up from me at the airport and held it for a couple of days while I got to the hotel a couple of days later). I think that the service you receive should be a direct correlation to the tip.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

$2 or $3

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I tip a dollar for each bag the shuttle driver handles.  Exception:  golf clubs -- that's worth five.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I usually do a minimum of $2 but if I have extra bags then I may give a little more.

followme99 Member

it depends.. $5 is a fair amount

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

1 to 2 dollars as I don't have a lot of bags and don't need a lot of help

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I think the whole tip situation in the United States at least has gotten out of control. There are tip jars everywhere including when I picked up my shirts this week at the cleaners and low and behold there was a tip jar. I certainly can see in restaurants since they don't pay them and tips become the major portion of their income or when someone gives you special service  but now it seems that any employee that comes in contact with a customer ever so incidental is expecting a tip . Just my view

shaunfromcolumbus,ohio Gold

The tips in the coffee shops get me too. I don't understand how that got started. But the one that I hate the most - bathroom attendants! I don't need help turning on the water, getting soap, or getting a towel....I have been doing it all my life!

ramoneur Platinum

never used it; too expensive;

when I have the chance/choice I always give the same taxi drivers in Beijing and Shanghai a call;

I don't have many bags, I take care of them myself, I am always on time

and they appreciate the business

only when my flight is delayed and they have to wait for me, then I give them a tip of around 100RMB (12 dollar)

shaunfromcolumbus,ohio Gold

Shuttle or cab, I was always told that I should do at least $1 per bag. I try to treat the drivers well, as I know they deal with all kinds of negative passengers, and I like to try to balance it out.

GoldenBoy Gold

I sometimes feel bad for them if nobody tips them even if they've helped with bags, but I tip $3-5

dansplan Platinum

Usually $5 - as long as they are nice and not taking someone else's problems/attitude on me.

peymanagement Platinum

2 USD, 2 Euros, or 5 CAD depending where I am. I seldom have a checked bag but I may give them more if they handle my bag. I notice a lot that do not give anything.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I usually $2 - $5 depending on the level of help and number of bags.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...