5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 1:27 PM by missgee RSS

How to Redeem Free Night Certificate Online?

missgee Gold 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to book a night using a free night certificate.  The help box says an option to choose the e-certificate will pop up during the payment process.  Except it doesn't.  Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a resolution?  Or have I got to use the phone? 

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to Redeem Free Night Certificate Online?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

missgee, I was able to make online reservations last week using a spring bonus category 4 certificate and a credit card category 5 certificate without any trouble.  The correct category certificate came up when I chose use reward points.  I know other Insiders have also had problems and I do not know what the difference is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

missgee,

I have used the free night certificates online. It has worked as it says above. If it's not happening for you, a simple phonecall to the Marriott people will solve it.

Just in case, I'll tell you how it works for me...

Pick your destination and date.....click on the button "Use Reward Points-New"

The list of hotels available will come up....

Click on "View Rates" for the hotel you prefer...

Click on the room you would like..it will have a point total needed, don't worry, the certificate will come up soon.

After you click "continue".. a screen should come up with your personal data and halfway down the screen should be something like this below:

Credit Card Information

Use Rewards points – NEW!

Attach e-certificates for your reservation.

You have unused e-certificates that may be redeemed for this reservation.
    Promotional certificate:03/05/13

Click on "attach the e-certificate(s) below to my reservation"

Should be good to go. If not, give them a call.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

pained,

Excellent explanation. I think a lot of folks get confused with being unable to use the free certificate because they try and book a room with the regular reservation process and don't realize the reservation has to be done through the 'use my rewards points' process.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Tef,

I think you're right. I wasn't sure where the problem was occurring for missgee, so I figured I walk her thru it , just in case.

missgee Gold 40 Reviews

Thank you so much everyone.  And a special thanks to PainedPlatinum! (I can totally relate to your name, btw. lol)  I was able to book using the process you provided.  I think it would be helpful if they entered a comment, somewhere, that you can use your certificate instead of points.  At any rate, I truly appreciate your going to the trouble of a detailed explanation.  It made things so much clearer.  Thank you again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...