17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 8:29 PM by smcd1998 RSS

All-Inclusive Packages using Points

atg0524 Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Where did the all-inclusive packages using points go, and are they coming back? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: All-Inclusive Packages using Points
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Are you talking about the Flight and Hotel Packages? If you are referring to the All Inclusive Vacations it looks like they offer it with paid nights. See All Inclusive post for a similar question. Looks like they did away with it. Not sure if that will be returning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

No, I'm talking about the all-inclusive packages (food & bev.) that you can upgrade to using points (70,000 for a 5 night stay).  I don't see that they are available anymore.  Do you know if they will be coming back?  If not who can I call/write to request that they bring that option back for point redemption.

dejamo Platinum

If you are talking about the Mexico and Carribean All Inclusive packages previously available by points..................they went the way of the dodo bird on October 17, 2011.

Good luck talking to someone about them.............they apparently could care less..after many calls, letters,  posts,etc...... nothing matters..............

Take a look at the official explanation I received from Marriott on this:

Marriott strives to be the best loyalty rewards program with the best customer service experience and I am very sorry to hear that you did not have that experience this past year.  Unfortunately the all-inclusive packages could be compared to promotions, they may be available for a certain period of time; however, are not permanent.  There are incentives to being a Platinum Premier member, such as:  Recognition of being the top 3% of all Platinum Elite members, Dedicated phone line & Email for assistance with Booking Reservations/ Booking Rewards Redemption Stays/ Coordinating Partner Rewards/ Assistance with any inquiries regarding your Loyalty Rewards account/, 1 year subscription to Wall Street Journal mobile phone App.... and these are all in addition to the Silver, Gold, and Platinum elite benefits that you already receive as well.  Is there a specific benefit that you thought you would receive as a Platinum Premier member?  Is there anything specific you would like to see changed about the Marriott Insiders Website?

My reply to the above was simple..I invited the clueless Mariott employee who sent me the above to take a look at the Insiders Website to answer his own stupid questions instead of typing the prepared Marriott propaganda that was so obvious in his email above........

I am sure he wont,  as with all that is Marriott these days........"things will get better for the program members"................

Computers will be obsolete before that happens

Yes, that's what I was inquiring about.  I'm disappointed!

swiftus Platinum

I'm disappointed they got rid of the upgrade - used it at St. Kitts a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Does anybody know then if you can book an All-Inclusive vacation but pay for it with Cash+Points ( Cash and Points | Marriott Reward Redemption Nights and Cash Nights )?

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I just investigated this myself over the summer.  I booked a week at one of the Curacao Marriotts.  Then was informed that it did not include the food.  I could buy the food plan for somehting like $600 a day, but I said "no way".  That would be $3,500 for a week';s stay.  So I cancelled it and instead booked an all-inclusive with Hilton, and it was definitely ALL_INCLUSIVE!  We had a great time!

Which Hilton did you book at?  I also booked a true ALL INCLUSIVE with Hilton using points.  I'm still very ticked that Marriott discontinued that option!

i'm pissed as well, because when I spoke to someone at Marriott they said it was all=inlcusive so I booked it.  Then when I got the confirmation, email, there something fishy about it so i called up and spoke to a Manager and then learned the truth.  I booked the Rose Hall Marriott in montego Bay, Jamaica.  I used all points and it was great!  Whjich one are you booked at, and when are you going?

I'm going to Rose Hall in Jamaica in December!  Tell me all about it.

If you logon to TripAdvisor and look for my recent review.   My ID there is lone6star as well.  I was just there from Aug 11 thru Aug 17.  I came there just after the Olympics was over.  The country has Bolt pictures all over the place.  Use Reggae Tours for the Taxi to and from the airport.  If you prepay which I did, it is $65.  This is at least $15 cheaper than all other taxi services; plus it won't stop for other people or places.  Read the review and if you have additional questions, let me know.  You will have a fantastic time there.  The staff there are very friendly, there is much to do and see.  Let me know what you're specifically looking for and I will answer it here.

smcd1998 Member

Was December uber busy?  What activities did you get to do?

Also, when I was there, since I am a Daimond VIP status, i was invited to the Manager's reception.  My family met the manager, and we spoke.  They plan to open more Hilton all-inclusives since it  is a big hit with the clients.

Ask any other questions, I'd be more than happy to respond.

smcd1998 Member

Did you do any snorkeling, boat rides, etc.?

californian Platinum 27 Reviews

$600 a day for food?  Is that per person or for a football team?

It was actually $590!  But yes, for a family of four. Outrageous isn't it?  So that's when i cancelled Curacao and looked at Hilton.  I called and spoke to a Hilton Manager to ensure, nothing was amiss.  I researched it on Trip Advisor, and the place is actually listed as one of the top 10 Family Resorts to visit.  I can see why after returning.  Marriott can learn a lot from this, as they lost my business on this trip.  We had a fantastic time!  Open bar, open seating, lots to see and do!  Ask any other questions, I'd be more than happy to respond.

californian Platinum 27 Reviews

Yes!  Outrageous!  Here is another place where Marriott is falling behind.  Hilton would not do it if they didn't make money.

merriarr Platinum

So I was looking at marriott's website today and I saw that there are some all inclusive options...

Inclusive Vacations by Marriott - Break from the Traditional All Inclusive Packages

They post a rate for the room + the package and if you try and switch to points, it gives you a rate for the room only.

Like most people on this thread, I was upset (understatement) that Marriott stopped offering the all inclusive package on points so I pretty much stopped staying at Marriott properties this year.

Has anyone done one of these deals?  I was wondering if I could book a room on points but then buy the all-inclusive package from them, or book the room and flight on points and buy the all inclusive.

Cheers!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...