The purpose of this spark is to collect feedback on an interactive beta home page, which aims to make it easier to contribute and find information.
June 10 – July 7
Over the course of this "Spark" we received 19 replies and nearly 500 page views. Thanks to those of you that took a look at the live preview and contributed your feedback. We look forward to hearing feedback from more Insiders in the future!
We tried a different approach with this change to the community, in that we both wanted to allow for your feedback and suggestions, yet in a way that you could also interact with the changes themselves - rather than looking at a static image and imagining what would happen.
We heard positive and negative feedback along with a few suggestions. We were even able to incorporate the suggestion to link to the community site map from the "Helpful Resources" section. Among the positive aspects we heard:
- The images help add color and interest to the page
- The expanded list of activity makes you more likely to find something of interest
- The links are organized and easy to find your way (this has been a common complaint so we're ecstatic to make improvements for you!)
- and that you generally like the layout, even a "vast improvement"
Among the areas to further improve upon:
- The page is too "white" and more color could be useful
- it's a bit word and you'd like to be able to visually "scan" the page without having to read everything
- Additional personalization would be ideal
We're rolling out this new home page layout so you can immediately benefit from the streamlined organization, but we're not done yet. We're still working on further simplifying the homepage and we welcome your continued feedback or suggestions. Plus, stay tuned for information on a new navigation for the community that will help you find your way even more.
Participate in Future Sparks
The Innovation Sparks group is specifically designated to capture the insights, opinions and feedback of Insiders through a structured process. Your feedback matters to us and is important to business leaders across Marriott as they evaluate and weigh new opportunities or changes. To participate, sign in, go to the Innovation Spark group and click the "join this group" button to contribute.