Ever have trouble finding hotel categories so you’ll know how many points are needed to redeem for a stay?
The good news is that there are a few ways to locate this information.
If you’re searching for a hotel on Marriott.com, follow these simple steps:
- Check the “Use Rewards Points” box.
- The hotel category is listed under each Marriott property listing.
If you want to see a listing of hotels by categories, follow these steps:
- Go to Marriott.com and log into your Marriott Rewards account.
- Select Use Marriott Rewards Points.
- Scroll down to the Hotels section and click on the categories and tiers link.
- A separate window will open showing two tabs – Hotel Rewards Categories and Hotel Rewards Tiers.
In the upper right corner of the window, you’ll see a dropdown menu with options to view hotels in a specific category or tier.
*Note: you can access this window by clicking on the category listed under each hotel in the search results.
- Select the hotel category or tier and click Find to view hotels by country, state and/or city.
You can also find the hotel categories on hotel websites by following the steps below:
- On the hotel website, click on Marriott Rewards Points in the upper right corner.
- This page will show you the category of the hotel and the Marriott Rewards points required for free nights.
Now that you know how to find hotel categories, next week’s blog topic will be on redeeming certificates.
Until next time…