Have you tried to make an online reservation, but were unsure of how to use your Rewards Certificates? Ever wonder why they’re available for some online reservations, but not others? Well, you’re in luck, because you’re about to learn how to redeem them.
As a Marriott rewards member, you can view your unused Rewards Certificates on your Account Activity page below the Transactions section. Each of your Rewards Certificates are listed by the date it posted to your account, and will show the number of free nights and the hotel category terms under the Description. The listing will also show the expiration date and/or the point value of the certificate. Not all Rewards Certificates will have a point value.
Before you can redeem an unused certificate, you’ll need to make sure that the hotel reward category and the total nights required match the description.
To redeem a Rewards Certificate, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Marriott Rewards account.
- Search for hotels by entering the location and your check-in and check-out dates.
- Check the Use Rewards Points box and click Find.
- Select a hotel with a hotel category that matches one of your Rewards Certificates. You can only redeem your certificate if the total number of nights and the hotel category match.
- Select the room type and preferences under “Redeem Points” and click Continue.
- If you do not have enough Marriott Rewards points to cover the points stay, an alert message will appear in red. Continue the reservation as if you are redeeming points for your stay and click Continue.
- If you have an unused Rewards Certificate that matches the number of nights and hotel category from your search, the certificate will automatically be selected in the Use Rewards points section.
- Enter your credit card information and click Continue. Your credit card is required to hold the reservation; but you won’t be charged.
- During the “Review Reservation” phase, you’ll see “You have selected to attach e-certificate(s) to your reservation”. The Rewards Certificate that will be used will appear under Reward Description under the Summary of Charges.
- Click Complete Reservation to receive your hotel stay confirmation. The Rewards Certificate is automatically attached to the reservation and forwarded directly to the hotel, so you don’t have to bring the paper certificate to the hotel.
You can redeem Rewards Certificates online through the reservation process up to 24 hours before your hotel stay. For same-day travel, contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1-801-468-4000.
And, that is how you can redeem your Rewards Certificates.